bennyboi
Jan 10, 08:31 PM
Wow- imagine if someone had the button pressing capability of shifting to Steve's next slide during his keynote. He's building suspense, toying with us, and bam. Revealed. On to next slide, hold, next slide, finally A/V guy turns projector off.
No SDK for you! 1 year!
No SDK for you! 1 year!
ritmomundo
Mar 18, 05:56 PM
I'm not saying that all other smart phones owners are jealous of my iPhone, I think we can all agree thats nonsense.
From your original post --> "It seems that most people feel some kind of envy to me because I own an iPhone 4."
Just sayin...
From your original post --> "It seems that most people feel some kind of envy to me because I own an iPhone 4."
Just sayin...
Chimera
Sep 12, 07:32 AM
You'd have thought Apple could upload the new stuff to different servers then just switch them at the right time, are they trying to hype this up further!:p
Nekbeth
Apr 26, 08:52 PM
thanks ulbador, the OP understands now :D
If OP wasn't confused he wouldn't have created a thread.
If OP wasn't confused he wouldn't have created a thread.
more...
NAG
Jan 12, 05:32 PM
I still don't get the blogger pulls a prank equating to all bloggers everywhere being punished by conference organizers. Seriously, it sounds all Zod evil where they threaten to kill some random guy if Superman doesn't bow down to them.
applekid
Apr 15, 11:54 PM
Re-read your post on the first page. So, there's been no one that has run into rtgoldfish on X-Box Live? :confused:
At least that could make for a possible lead if someone could get the thief to say where he/she lives.
At least that could make for a possible lead if someone could get the thief to say where he/she lives.
more...
Woodcrest64
Apr 6, 10:46 AM
I like both Windows 7 and OSX 10.6.7 right now.
What I don't like about Windows 7 is the registry.
and what I don't like about OSX is the UI is starting to look old and that there is no native AVCHD support.
I don't think MS is going to get rid of the registry in Windows 8 but I can hope that they do. I also don't think Apple will make a major UI change with their OS until OS 11 but I have been wrong before.
Apple could very well be holding out until its final preview to show off some radical new UI changes.
What I don't like about Windows 7 is the registry.
and what I don't like about OSX is the UI is starting to look old and that there is no native AVCHD support.
I don't think MS is going to get rid of the registry in Windows 8 but I can hope that they do. I also don't think Apple will make a major UI change with their OS until OS 11 but I have been wrong before.
Apple could very well be holding out until its final preview to show off some radical new UI changes.
twoodcc
Apr 18, 11:07 AM
well of course i've been messing with my systems all weekend long, and of course i always run into some bad luck.
so i have 3 i7 920 systems. one is an asus and it's running bigadv and 2 x gpu. it's been my best reliable system so far. it's running well right now
my second system was just running 3 x gpu. i wasn't running bigadv b/c it had a heat problem. this is one i built. i decided to take everything apart and take off the cpu cooler it came with and i put on this huge one that i bought. it took an hour, but i got it! and it works great. the problem is that now it doesn't recognize all my ram. i had 6 GB, which is enough for running bigadv units in a VM in windows, and then run several gpu clients. but with only 4 GB of ram, this won't work. so i'm in the process of installing ubuntu right now on it. this will take away some of my gpus
and my third i7 rig is an alienware. it came with one GTX 260, and i decided to take one from my home built system and put in the this one. it's got 2 slots, but of course the second slot doesn't work. i called alienware, and they are supposed to come out and fix it. probably a new motherboard i'm guessing. so right now it's running bigadv and 1 gpu.
i just hope i can get the one i built running bigadv in ubuntu. i'll keep you updated
so i have 3 i7 920 systems. one is an asus and it's running bigadv and 2 x gpu. it's been my best reliable system so far. it's running well right now
my second system was just running 3 x gpu. i wasn't running bigadv b/c it had a heat problem. this is one i built. i decided to take everything apart and take off the cpu cooler it came with and i put on this huge one that i bought. it took an hour, but i got it! and it works great. the problem is that now it doesn't recognize all my ram. i had 6 GB, which is enough for running bigadv units in a VM in windows, and then run several gpu clients. but with only 4 GB of ram, this won't work. so i'm in the process of installing ubuntu right now on it. this will take away some of my gpus
and my third i7 rig is an alienware. it came with one GTX 260, and i decided to take one from my home built system and put in the this one. it's got 2 slots, but of course the second slot doesn't work. i called alienware, and they are supposed to come out and fix it. probably a new motherboard i'm guessing. so right now it's running bigadv and 1 gpu.
i just hope i can get the one i built running bigadv in ubuntu. i'll keep you updated
more...
Mord
Apr 27, 12:28 PM
Female (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Female) (♀) is the sex of an organism, or a part of an organism, which produces non-mobile ova (egg cells).
Looks to me like science begs to differ; a woman is a female human. A female produces ova. Last I checked, M->F can NOT produce OVA.
Sure, they deserve the same rights and respect as anyone else, I dont care if you choose to attach a penis to your forehead, it does not give anyone the right to assault you.

Husker du: The Olsens
more...

with the Olsen twins,

olsen twins
more...

The Olsen twins, looking cute

eBay Alert: Olsen Twins with
more...

Olsen Twins: On Top of the

Olsen twins dish fashion tips
more...

Business savvy Olsen twins

fashion week, Olsen Twins,

Olsen twins launch a
Looks to me like science begs to differ; a woman is a female human. A female produces ova. Last I checked, M->F can NOT produce OVA.
Sure, they deserve the same rights and respect as anyone else, I dont care if you choose to attach a penis to your forehead, it does not give anyone the right to assault you.
skinned66
May 4, 04:05 AM
North American cellular providers are anti-consumer, nickel & diming scumbags? Say it ain't so...
:rolleyes:
:rolleyes:
more...
mcrain
Apr 26, 09:29 AM
It wasn't a skeevy guy, not even remotely.
She was in the right restroom, there is a good option, for her to use the loo appropriate to her gender, female.
I know it wasn't a skeevy guy. What I also know is that transgendered people have to deal with all sorts of problems, including what restroom to use. A transgendered woman going into a women's room should not be treated like a skeevy guy going into a restroom, but it happens. I've seen it happen. I pointed out the comparison to spark a conversation, not to say it's right, but to say the comparison is often made. Either there is a failure of education and tolerance, or some accomodation needst to be made, or maybe security should be better, or something...
Oh, and there are too many people who make unfounded assumptions. This story is proof of that.
Out of curiosity, do you actually know what gender she was? Was she post-op? Pre-op? Does it matter? I think a woman sitting in a stall might freak out by someone peeing upright next to them.
You would think that; however one could argue that black Americans don't repay the goodwill done towards their causes by standing up for other minorities. In fact, you could say that they do the opposite and use other minorities as scape goats for their problems. You could say that but then everyone would just call you a racist.
Yes, they might.
I usually like your posts on here but this one is really coming off as transphobic and frankly makes me really sad to read.
I really did try to avoid making it sound that way, because that was not my intention. I apologize to anyone who was offended by how I worded that post.
She was in the right restroom, there is a good option, for her to use the loo appropriate to her gender, female.
I know it wasn't a skeevy guy. What I also know is that transgendered people have to deal with all sorts of problems, including what restroom to use. A transgendered woman going into a women's room should not be treated like a skeevy guy going into a restroom, but it happens. I've seen it happen. I pointed out the comparison to spark a conversation, not to say it's right, but to say the comparison is often made. Either there is a failure of education and tolerance, or some accomodation needst to be made, or maybe security should be better, or something...
Oh, and there are too many people who make unfounded assumptions. This story is proof of that.
Out of curiosity, do you actually know what gender she was? Was she post-op? Pre-op? Does it matter? I think a woman sitting in a stall might freak out by someone peeing upright next to them.
You would think that; however one could argue that black Americans don't repay the goodwill done towards their causes by standing up for other minorities. In fact, you could say that they do the opposite and use other minorities as scape goats for their problems. You could say that but then everyone would just call you a racist.
Yes, they might.
I usually like your posts on here but this one is really coming off as transphobic and frankly makes me really sad to read.
I really did try to avoid making it sound that way, because that was not my intention. I apologize to anyone who was offended by how I worded that post.
Desertrat
May 5, 12:05 AM
Aw, Ugg, c'mon. Sounds like the NRA lobbyist merely said something on the order of, "If you're gonna do this sort of thing, don't do the fine." This issue has been a source of turmoil in Florida for quite a while. I've no idea what doofus started wanting pediatricians to snoop into family affairs, but the anti-gun crowd has pushed for it. (An appropriate answer to such an idiotic question would be, "Well, of course! What kind do you want? What do you carry?")
As far as "Couple this with the fact that the NRA has prevented any studies on guns and their impact on American society and I think we can all rest assured that we're heading towards a society ruled by the American Taliban. Heavy sarcasm intended.":
Wrong. Dead wrong. Au colntraire, support for numerous studies has come from the NRA. They've supported Prof. Gary Kleck of FSU, for example, even after he commented that as a card-carrying member of the ACLU that he thought both sides in the gun control arguments were making foolish claims.
John Lott is another. Wright/Rossi/Dalily have published several books about the inefficacy of gun control laws, and they aren't even shooters.
Overall, what I find amusing about folks taking potshots at the NRA--and missing--is that some pro-gun groups gripe that the NRA doesn't do enough. One is Jews For the Preservation of Firearms Ownership, JPFO. Another is the Gunowners of America, GOA, which I myself find to be rather severely hardline.
As far as "Couple this with the fact that the NRA has prevented any studies on guns and their impact on American society and I think we can all rest assured that we're heading towards a society ruled by the American Taliban. Heavy sarcasm intended.":
Wrong. Dead wrong. Au colntraire, support for numerous studies has come from the NRA. They've supported Prof. Gary Kleck of FSU, for example, even after he commented that as a card-carrying member of the ACLU that he thought both sides in the gun control arguments were making foolish claims.
John Lott is another. Wright/Rossi/Dalily have published several books about the inefficacy of gun control laws, and they aren't even shooters.
Overall, what I find amusing about folks taking potshots at the NRA--and missing--is that some pro-gun groups gripe that the NRA doesn't do enough. One is Jews For the Preservation of Firearms Ownership, JPFO. Another is the Gunowners of America, GOA, which I myself find to be rather severely hardline.
more...
maflynn
Apr 8, 09:43 AM
MS still playing catchup by the looks of the feature list in my opinion.
Actually its the other way around. Windows 7 has leap frogged apple in terms of functionality, UI and usability.
Apple needs to play catch up by adding some features to OSX.
Actually its the other way around. Windows 7 has leap frogged apple in terms of functionality, UI and usability.
Apple needs to play catch up by adding some features to OSX.
MorphingDragon
Apr 29, 07:58 PM
Context. Is. Everything.
Context is Legion.
All these months, and again you try to argue with me over what I meant. New Zealanders really have a problem with the concept of "I know better what I meant that you do and it was clearly posted had you followed the context".
I thought regulars long ago learned to stop taking me seriously? All I've been doing is borderline trolling since 2010. How is "So KDE4 is a bad 90s Linux Window Manager?" not an obvious troll comment? Of course its not, its an average modern window manager.
God you canadians are so serious about everything. ;):rolleyes:
Context is Legion.
All these months, and again you try to argue with me over what I meant. New Zealanders really have a problem with the concept of "I know better what I meant that you do and it was clearly posted had you followed the context".
I thought regulars long ago learned to stop taking me seriously? All I've been doing is borderline trolling since 2010. How is "So KDE4 is a bad 90s Linux Window Manager?" not an obvious troll comment? Of course its not, its an average modern window manager.
God you canadians are so serious about everything. ;):rolleyes:
more...
rva1
Jul 27, 02:08 PM
Chevrolet announced the Volt will be priced at $41,000 before tax credits. You can choose to lease it for $350/month.
http://www.gminsidenews.com/forums/f70/its-official-chevrolet-volt-41-000-chevrolet-begins-taking-orders-94080/
The Nissan Leaf list for about $25k to $26k and is an ALL electric vehicle. GM better get their head out of the sand.
http://www.gminsidenews.com/forums/f70/its-official-chevrolet-volt-41-000-chevrolet-begins-taking-orders-94080/
The Nissan Leaf list for about $25k to $26k and is an ALL electric vehicle. GM better get their head out of the sand.
Eraserhead
Apr 25, 04:24 PM
Dear McDonalds: Boom. You just lost a whole lot of customers.
Assuming McDonalds deal with it appropriately and fire the workers in question that is a bit of an over-reaction.
Assuming McDonalds deal with it appropriately and fire the workers in question that is a bit of an over-reaction.
more...
lordonuthin
Jul 22, 04:27 AM
My router is having some trouble, seems to quit working whenever I'm at work :mad: I bought a new one on ebay, hope it gets here SOON!
whooleytoo
Jan 8, 09:17 AM
Just think, could WWDC 2007 be the first keynote we all watch on our big screen TVs, streaming over iTV?
I wonder, would it be possible to introduce an element of P2P technology to spread the load of live keynote broadcasts? Obviously, streaming isn't as suited to P2P as file downloads, but it still could help.
I wonder, would it be possible to introduce an element of P2P technology to spread the load of live keynote broadcasts? Obviously, streaming isn't as suited to P2P as file downloads, but it still could help.
robecq
Apr 25, 12:49 PM
Fake, the hand looks all wrong. He has creepier thumbs than Megan fox!!!:eek:
SkyStudios
May 2, 02:01 PM
Isn't it interesting how a seemingly intentional act (active user tracking) changes to a "bug" once it's existence is published in the news media? :D
i love your post, we are in trouble if this was not intentional, security issues for sure haha
http://tech.fortune.cnn.com/2010/10/18/what-steve-jobs-said-about-google/
lol
i love your post, we are in trouble if this was not intentional, security issues for sure haha
http://tech.fortune.cnn.com/2010/10/18/what-steve-jobs-said-about-google/
lol
Flowbee
Nov 16, 01:09 PM
please no page 1 vs page 2 comments... :)
OK... This should be on page 3. :p
[Damn you, longofest!]
OK... This should be on page 3. :p
[Damn you, longofest!]
lordonuthin
Jul 11, 12:15 PM
well after moving, i finally have my computers setup again. i just got internet access today, but it is looking terribly slow. i just started folding with 4 GPUs for right now. i'll see how this goes before i start with the big units
Good to have you back folding again. We need the points...
Good to have you back folding again. We need the points...
jackc
Jan 15, 05:09 PM
Randy Newman sucks.
Megakazbek
May 3, 10:33 PM
You're getting negative votes on your post just because people here know that Apple will never do that
I don't really see why Apple will never do that. When Jobs said styluses are crap, obviously he didn't mean styluses as writing devices, he meant styluses as the way to interact with OS.
Education applications seem to be of some importance to Apple, and stylus support is pretty much required to make iPad useful for students, for example.
I don't really see why Apple will never do that. When Jobs said styluses are crap, obviously he didn't mean styluses as writing devices, he meant styluses as the way to interact with OS.
Education applications seem to be of some importance to Apple, and stylus support is pretty much required to make iPad useful for students, for example.
No comments:
Post a Comment