Heinekev
Mar 29, 01:49 PM
http://www.vandyke.com/products/securecrt/mac_osx.html
Best serial and terminal emulator available on the Mac. This was my one holdout from the PC world for the longest time
Best serial and terminal emulator available on the Mac. This was my one holdout from the PC world for the longest time
princealfie
Mar 13, 09:50 AM
Won't upgrade without this error in iTunes and tinyumbrella won't start in TSS server. Any ideas on how to upgrade a JB iPad? Due to servers being down?
macboy62
Oct 19, 03:56 AM
Okay being serious for a minute. I am a dad and I wouldn't like to think that my son was being encouraged to go meet a stranger. So if mom or dad says no then they are only thinking of your safety.
Please don't arrange to meet someone off the internet. Many MacRumors people will be there and if you AND your mom or dad is with you we can say hi.
Take Care
Stuart
Please don't arrange to meet someone off the internet. Many MacRumors people will be there and if you AND your mom or dad is with you we can say hi.
Take Care
Stuart
SBik2
Jun 3, 12:39 AM
yep.this ones pretty good.
more...
AppleMatt
Dec 14, 01:03 PM
http://www.sogoodblog.com/2010/12/14/chipotle-social-media/
AppleMatt
AppleMatt
eyelikeart
Nov 10, 05:50 PM
Originally posted by job
...without pants... ;) :p
hmm...no way...
first off...the asylum...it was about 35� out when we did it...
second...in DC? I don't think so... ;)
...without pants... ;) :p
hmm...no way...
first off...the asylum...it was about 35� out when we did it...
second...in DC? I don't think so... ;)
more...
joeloud
Oct 24, 07:50 AM
If I buy a family pack, can I get 5 shirts (if I have 4 people with me)? We're planning to be in line really early (school being closed kinda leads to intense boredom). UTC's answering message kinda implies they'll open for the Leopard release.
I don't know about the 5 shirt thing, but what's UTC? School? I don't think they'll be giving out the shirts are a school bookstore. Just the Apple Store, AFAIK.
I don't know about the 5 shirt thing, but what's UTC? School? I don't think they'll be giving out the shirts are a school bookstore. Just the Apple Store, AFAIK.
twoodcc
Oct 22, 08:50 AM
I'll post it elsewhere when I get home. I have seen a number of very similar problems that seem to stem from bad wu's so I'll keep trying. It would be my luck though to have the first wu be bad making me think my set up isn't right.
yeah. let us know if you get it to work. hopefully your setup isn't bad.
yeah. let us know if you get it to work. hopefully your setup isn't bad.
more...
rdowns
Apr 21, 12:14 PM
Oooh, a YouTube tag.
4r7wHMg5Yjg
4r7wHMg5Yjg
xUKHCx
Jan 9, 03:43 PM
Am i doing something wrong? Or is this a known bug?
You aren't doing anything wrong this is an issue with the mobile version of the site, one that I believe we are unable to fix.
You aren't doing anything wrong this is an issue with the mobile version of the site, one that I believe we are unable to fix.
more...
brn2ski00
Jun 24, 01:15 PM
I'll take the both the Orange and Pink socks if they're still available.
PM Sent.
PM Sent.
itsme92
Apr 16, 07:47 PM
Okay then, it seems like from what I'm hearing I'll go for the Elite. Not thrilled about it being black (I like white stuff, I guess), but I think the HDMI is worth it.
P.S. Does anybody have any idea when the 65nm chips will come out? Because I'm not planning to buy my Xbox until this summer, so I hope they have 65nm chips then.
P.S. Does anybody have any idea when the 65nm chips will come out? Because I'm not planning to buy my Xbox until this summer, so I hope they have 65nm chips then.
more...
zimv20
Mar 25, 04:06 PM
Shamefully looks at his 2 completed WUs :o
no shame! every bit counts.
no shame! every bit counts.
asherman13
Dec 9, 11:08 PM
I remember using OS X for the first time when I was probably 14 and I couldn't stand it. It wasn't that I didn't like it but everything seemed so much different on OS 9. However I love OS X now. I wouldn't trade it for anything.
i can exactly identify with that. when i first got my ibook, i only used 9. once i realized my folly, i tried to boot into X and found that my system folders were screwy, so i just had to get jaguar, then panther, and now tiger:D
i can exactly identify with that. when i first got my ibook, i only used 9. once i realized my folly, i tried to boot into X and found that my system folders were screwy, so i just had to get jaguar, then panther, and now tiger:D
more...
FeaRThiS
May 6, 02:43 PM
How is this thread ridiculous? Is someone on here already tried any of those and it didn't work or did work. Perhaps they can share with us. Nothing ridiculous about it.
And you see, i got the answers for the replies above
Errrrm YES page 8 of the "When is the iPad 2 jailbreakcoming out?" (http://forums.macrumors.com/showpost.php?p=12491841&postcount=199) thread.
And you see, i got the answers for the replies above
Errrrm YES page 8 of the "When is the iPad 2 jailbreakcoming out?" (http://forums.macrumors.com/showpost.php?p=12491841&postcount=199) thread.
xsedrinam
Sep 18, 02:06 PM
Send them C.O.D. to AOL.
more...
Xephian
Dec 6, 09:54 AM
The plugin error is most likely becouse you haven't installed Windows Media Player 9 yet.
Consultant
Jun 23, 04:07 PM
Can't decide if I want to go to Reston (closer) or Tysons
bige12
Mar 11, 03:52 PM
any update on the line there? and any pictures
jiv3turkey748
Sep 17, 11:30 PM
i love that show but since school started i havent been able to watch it
macfan881
May 18, 11:53 AM
other Rumors mainly from the survey taken a while back seem's like there will be a Built in netflix app no disc needed more Facebook features First choice beta accesses and cloud service to store online saves etc.
peskaa
Apr 20, 07:18 AM
The ATI Radeon HD 5770 doesn't work with the ACD27". I know it has DisplayPort, but there is a bug with various ATi 5xxx cards which makes them incompatible. It is an ATi issue and there is NO fix.
That being said, all ATI 5xxx EYEFINITY 6 cards with DisplayPort work. All AMD Radeon 6xxx cards with DisplayPort work. And all nVidia GeForce cards with DisplayPort work. You can get a nice GeForce card w/ DP for $150. And any modern video card will support 2560x1440. Any DisplayPort video card on newegg will work for you as long as it isn't an ATi Radeon 5xxx card. You could also buy an Atlona DP400 but its $150, the same as a new video card (ripoff).
This is simply not accurate I'm afraid.
The 27" ACD works absolutely fine with the Apple OEM 5770 upgrade card with MDP, also with the 5870. After all, why would Apple sell these graphic cards if they didn't work with their only display? Further, my 5870 and 27" ACD get along like a house on fire. Note that you have to buy the Apple cards, not just a standard PC card like you seem to be implying.
As for the OP?
I'd definitely recommend a new GPU. You have several options, which all work fine despite Apple not officially supporting some of them:
1) NVIDIA GT120 - slowest card, but also the cheapest.
2) ATi 4870 (Apple OEM) - decent card, overpriced now though
3) ATi 5770 (Apple OEM) - same performance as the 4870, but more VRAM
4) ATi 5870 (Apple OEM) - best card currently available for Mac Pros
Your 2008 Mac Pro has PCIe 2.0, so no problems there. New card goes in the bottom slot, and you can keep your 2600XT installed as well.
That being said, all ATI 5xxx EYEFINITY 6 cards with DisplayPort work. All AMD Radeon 6xxx cards with DisplayPort work. And all nVidia GeForce cards with DisplayPort work. You can get a nice GeForce card w/ DP for $150. And any modern video card will support 2560x1440. Any DisplayPort video card on newegg will work for you as long as it isn't an ATi Radeon 5xxx card. You could also buy an Atlona DP400 but its $150, the same as a new video card (ripoff).
This is simply not accurate I'm afraid.
The 27" ACD works absolutely fine with the Apple OEM 5770 upgrade card with MDP, also with the 5870. After all, why would Apple sell these graphic cards if they didn't work with their only display? Further, my 5870 and 27" ACD get along like a house on fire. Note that you have to buy the Apple cards, not just a standard PC card like you seem to be implying.
As for the OP?
I'd definitely recommend a new GPU. You have several options, which all work fine despite Apple not officially supporting some of them:
1) NVIDIA GT120 - slowest card, but also the cheapest.
2) ATi 4870 (Apple OEM) - decent card, overpriced now though
3) ATi 5770 (Apple OEM) - same performance as the 4870, but more VRAM
4) ATi 5870 (Apple OEM) - best card currently available for Mac Pros
Your 2008 Mac Pro has PCIe 2.0, so no problems there. New card goes in the bottom slot, and you can keep your 2600XT installed as well.
Hastings101
Mar 8, 10:51 PM
While the 3D thing might not interest you, the 3DS is much more powerful than the current DSi, meaning much better graphic capabilities. So if you ever want to play anything other than Pokemon Black in the next couple of years you should wait for the 3DS.
If you're not really interested in gaming on the DS or doing anything other than Pokemon Black go ahead and save some money buying the DSi.
If you're not really interested in gaming on the DS or doing anything other than Pokemon Black go ahead and save some money buying the DSi.
aarond12
Jan 10, 05:52 PM
This always confuses me. Why do they call it a newsreader? Why not an RSS reader? This does nothing more than keep track of and read RSS feeds. It's not significantly different/better than the RSS capability built into Safari or Firefox.
Maybe I'm a purist (or a snob), but to me a "newsreader" is an application used to read the newsgroups (the Usenet). Panic's Unison application is a newsreader. It connects to newsgroup servers and allows me to read posts and download attachments.
Am I being too picky?
-Aaron-
Maybe I'm a purist (or a snob), but to me a "newsreader" is an application used to read the newsgroups (the Usenet). Panic's Unison application is a newsreader. It connects to newsgroup servers and allows me to read posts and download attachments.
Am I being too picky?
-Aaron-
No comments:
Post a Comment